INITIAL CAMERA CONNECTION
The FDT camera can be accessed through the web browser on a computer or through the FDT View App on a smart phone or tablet PC. Before accessing, connect the camera to your router by Ethernet cable after it is powered on.
1) CONNECT YOUR CAMERA THROUGH WIRED CONNECTION
- Connect the camera to the power adapter. Wait a moment until the camera restarts.
- Connect the camera to the router by Ethernet cable.
- Make sure your smartphone is connected to your wireless router.
- Run the FDT View APP on your smartphone. Follow the steps in section 2 of this document to complete set up for your new camera.
2) NEW CAMERA SETUP VIA FDT VIEW APP
- On the home screen, tap the "Add Camera" button.
- Tap the "Set up a new camera" button.
- Connect your camera to power and your router with an Ethernet cable. Also connect your smartphone or tablet to the same network via WiFi.
- Please wait 1-2 minutes after plugging in your camera before proceeding further.
- Tap the "Scan for your camera" button. Alternatively, tap the "Manually Connect" button to add the camera manually.
- Select your camera from the list. If multiple cameras are displayed, tap the option that has the same UID number as the sticker on your camera.
- Enter a name for your camera, username and password. By default, the username is admin and the password is admin.
- Change your password and confirm your new password by entering it again. Tap "Ok".
- Tap "Yes" to connect your camera to WiFi.
- Select your WiFi network from the list.
- Enter in your WiFi network's password, then tap "Check WiFi Connection" button to ensure that the connection will work. Once confirmation is received, tap Next.
Your camera is now connected! Tap the "Start Live View" button to begin using your camera