Desktop Access Setup
Set up Desktop Access for your FDT camera on your local network. The FDT web interface will enable you to access its features and settings using Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari on Windows or Mac.
This method of accessing the camera’s interface is necessary for basic to advanced setup remote access. Ensure that the following items are completed before you begin:
- The camera is connected to the Network via an Ethernet cable.
- The camera and the PC are on the same network.
- Use one of the following web browsers: Safari, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox (Google Chrome support in Development) in order to access the FDT web interface.
To watch a step-by-step video tutorial on this process, please click here.
1) INSTALLING SEARCH TOOL FOR WINDOWS OS
To access the camera’s interface, insert the included CD into your CD drive.
- Navigate to your CD rom Drive.
- Click on the first folder named “01_Search Tool”.
To digitally download software, please click here for Windows OS, and here for Mac OS.
- Select the appropriate software for your Operating System.
- Right click Search Tool for Windows. In the drop down menu click to open WinRAR.
NOTE: If you do not have WinRAR, please visit the following link, select your operating system and install the software. (download for software is available at http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm).
3. Click the SearchTool then click on the SearchTool_Setup.
4. A warning message box may appear. Click the Yes button to continue. Installation should start immediately with Wizard.
5. Continue clicking next.
6. On the final screen of the setup wizard, ensure the Launch SearchTool box is checked and click Finish.
2) USING THE SEARCH TOOL INTERFACE
The Search Tool interface should appear as below when launched.
- Click Next to continue with your camera set up.
On this screen, a camera list will appear. There will only be one IP address listed unless more than one camera is connected to your network.
2. Select your camera’s IP address and double click it. This will launch the FDT web interface to your default browser.
3) LOGGING INTO THE FDT WEB INTERFACE
1. Log into the camera using your login credentials (default username and password are both “admin”).
If this is your first time logging into the camera by default account, you will be prompted to change the default password.
2. Please select a password that is at least 8 characters long as well as a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, and numbers. Click the “change pwd” when done. You will be prompted to login with your new password.
The camera is now successfully set up for live viewing, playback and configuration on the FDT web interface.
4) USING MOZILLA FIREFOX AND INTERNET EXPLORER
If you are using Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer to access your FDT camera, please click the above link to install the OCX webplugin located above the login portal. This plugin is necessary for using the camera’s interface.
Continue to save file and run plugin plugin. The browser will prompt you to allow the plugin to work on your computer. Click Yes to ensure the plugin can run properly. Click Next, then click Install when the wizard appears on your screen. Login with your username and password credentials.
The camera is now successfully set up for live viewing, playback and configuration on the FDT web interface!
5) MANUAL LOGGING INTO THE FDT WEB INTERFACE
Another way to access the FDT web interface is by inputting the IP address of the camera in the URL address bar on the web browser. This enables you to access the FDT web interface by HTTP protocols: http://IP Address.
- Note the IP address of your camera in the Search Tool.
2. Open the browser of your choice and input the IP address in the URL address bar.
You will then be redirected into the FDT web interface login portal.